It’s raining cats and dogs outside and there’s no way I’m setting foot outside today.
Juggling with plums.
Making Preserves (lemons and tomatoes).
Sipping tea and eating cake.
What are your rainy sundays like?
Plum and almond cake
Gateau aux prunes et aux amandes
Serves 6 to 8
Prep 15 min cook 35 min
. 600 g plums halved and pitted
. 2 tablespoons raw cane sugar
. 2 tablespoons lemon juice
. 2 tablespoons cognac
. pinch cinnamon
For the batter
. 120 g almond meal
. 80 g flour
. 100 g raw cane sugar
. 90 g butter
. 4 eggs
. 1/2 vanilla bean
. Pinch cinnamon
. Pinch salt
- Toss the plums with 2 tablespoons sugar, the lemon juice and the cognac. Add a pinch of cinnamon. Toss well and reserve for later.
- Preheat the oven at 180 deg C. Put the butter to melt in the oven (into the clafoutis or tart shape that you will use for the cake). Reserve for later.
- Mix all the dry ingredients for the batter in a bowl.
Incorporate the eggs one by one, then the melted the butter.
- Pour the batter into the buttered tart shape. Top with the plum halves (skin down).
Finally drizzle the plum juices over the cake.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 20 to 30 minutes until golden and until the tip of a knife comes out clean but moist.
- Leave to cool and serve with a spoon of ice cream or creme fraiche.
Bienvenue & Bon appetit in my kitchen!
Myriam, la gourmande.
Coming up at Foodmoodz…
- almond appetizers apple asparagus autumn bites Breakfast brunch cakes cheese chicken chocolate Christmas food citrus comfort food feast fish gluten free greens hazelnut lemon lunchfare meat moroccan food onion pasta pear poultry sauces savoury tart soup spices spring starter strawberry summer sweets tajine tart tea time Travel vanilla veal vegetarian winter